Friday, July 31, 2015

Weaving in Ends - Tight and Good


By: James Lee Kelley


When I need to weave in my ends on a project,
                      
I do NOT grab a Yarn Needle.

I instead grab one of these type needles

(Dritz brand Yarn Darners - size 14 & 18)



Then I grab a stiff Bread tie wire or a Wire that was holding a cord when I bought something.

These are coated and I take and pinch the coating between my finger and my thumbnail and strip about ½" to ¾" off one end and I bend the bare wire into a U shape to form a hook like.

I then fold over the other end and make like an eye to hold my newly formed Needle Threader with.

WHY Go through all this trouble, you ask.

Because now I can go through the actual yarn fibers (like through the center of the yarn) instead of weaving the ends in through the stitches themselves.

This makes them stay longer as they are tighter and look a little better to me.

Here is a picture of my Yarn Threader stuck through the eye of a Yarn Darner needle.



You just catch the yarn in the hook and pull it through the needle eye. 

(You can also by threaders at Walmart or most stores that sell needles)

The one pictured works on yarn thicknesses up to but not including Bulky weight.

Let me know what you think of this by leaving me a comment.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. Dont get out shopping need to get these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually wrap the yarn around my needle once and out folds it. Then i put it thru the eye of the needle. This sounds interesting so i think i will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually wrap the yarn around my needle once and out folds it. Then i put it thru the eye of the needle. This sounds interesting so i think i will try it.

    ReplyDelete